New Rotary members are proposed by existing club members. Proposals are reviewed by the Membership Committee and Board of Directors and then published to club members. Absent protest by club members (which can be overridden by the Board of Directors), the proposed new member may then join.
Per Rotary International policy, no club may limit membership based on sexual orientation. If a proposed new member is a former Rotarian, we must confirm the prior membership and verify that the proposed member does not owe dues or other debts to his or her prior club; if such debts are owed, they must be paid before we can accept the proposed member.
Club Dues and Initiation Fee
Columbia Rotary Club dues are established by the Bylaws, which are adopted by a vote of club members. Current annual dues are $240, payable $120 semi-annually.
To be eligible for membership, a proposed new member must be an adult who is:
- A leading representative of a business or professional activity.
- Willing to help and participate in projects that enhance the community.
- Willing to work on projects that help people in developing countries.
- Of good character and good reputation in his or her business, profession or community.
- A member of a vocation, business or profession that will not cause the club to exceed classification limits.